[ic] Credit Cards

Darren Young darren@younghome.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:12:09 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C02158.E7AA24E0

Dear list;

I know this is an open ended question, but there seems to be very little =
high level information on the site about Credit Card processing. I have =
not implemented a catalog/order processing system yet, but am in the =
market for one. The target platform will be Linux with Apache as the web =
server (I love Open Source software). Actually, the implementation is =
for my Mother who is starting a web based "retail-like" business, so I =
need to develop something for her that is relatively easy to use and =
manage. She has a card swiper (Verifone I believe) from her financial =
institution and I assume a merchant ID to use it (you have to right?).

The Interchange product seems to give me everything I need as the =
developer and will give her the simple management interface. And of =
course, I can extend as I want since I have source. The main focus to =
start on is the catalog, which Interchange seems to do natively. If I'm =
strung here, please let me know.

What I am bit confused on is the order processing components. It seems =
you can flip switches in the master config to decide what methods you =
accept. Credit cards will be the majority of the orders placed on the =
site I am building. How/what is the best method/software to use to =
achieve this goal? I'd love to hear how others have accomplished this =
and what software they have used. Perhaps this is dependent on the =
financial institution, and if so, what support does Interchange have to =
accommodate this?

I have seen CCVS from RedHat (or whomever) all over the place in my =
searches for CC processing software, and it seems to have support for =
many different protocols. Is this product overkill for our needs? Can =
Interchange talk to a product such as this? I did notice some posts =
referring to the "CyberCash" module, how does this portion work.

I realize simply downloading the software and trying it out could answer =
most of my questions, however I have found that posting to a list such =
as this will save me a tremendous amount of time. Feedback from others =
is something that I find crucial in deciding on software such as this.

Thanks,

Darren Young

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C02158.E7AA24E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear list;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I know this is an open ended question, =
but there=20
seems to be very little high level information on the site about Credit =
Card=20
processing. I have not implemented a catalog/order processing system =
yet, but am=20
in the market for one. The target platform will be Linux with Apache as =
the web=20
server (I love Open Source software). Actually, the implementation is =
for my=20
Mother who is starting a web based "retail-like" business, so I need to =
develop=20
something for her that is relatively easy to use and manage. She has a =
card=20
swiper (Verifone I believe) from her financial institution and I assume =
a=20
merchant ID to use it (you have to right?).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Interchange product seems to give =
me everything=20
I need as the developer and will give her the simple management =
interface. And=20
of course, I can extend as I want since I have source. The main focus to =
start=20
on is the catalog, which Interchange seems to do natively. If I'm strung =
here,=20
please let me know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What I am bit confused on is the order =
processing=20
components. It seems you can flip switches in the master config to =
decide what=20
methods you accept. Credit cards will be the majority of the orders =
placed on=20
the site I am building. How/what is the best method/software to use to =
achieve=20
this goal? I'd love to hear how others have accomplished this and what =
software=20
they have used. Perhaps this is dependent on the financial institution, =
and if=20
so, what support does Interchange have to accommodate this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have seen CCVS from RedHat (or =
whomever) all over=20
the place in my searches for CC processing software, and it seems to =
have=20
support for many different protocols. Is this product overkill for our =
needs?=20
Can Interchange talk to a product such as this? I did notice some posts=20
referring to the "CyberCash" module, how does this portion =
work.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I realize simply downloading the =
software and=20
trying it out could answer most of my questions, however I have found =
that=20
posting to a list such as this will save me a tremendous amount of time. =

Feedback from others is something that I find crucial in deciding on =
software=20
such as this.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Darren Young</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0080_01C02158.E7AA24E0--