[ic] Frustrations with adding users

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:13:05 -0400

Rocky Marquiss rmarquiss@discovercreation.org wrote:

> I set up the demo catalog. I place an order and check out. I then select to
> create an account and fill in the appropriate fields. I continue with check
> out all appears well.
>
> However, the customer is really added as a U0000# instead of the user id
> entered - and the transaction uses that customer. This customer has all the
> address information, etc. When the user logs on the name doesn't appear,
> there aren't any orders showing up and there isn't any address information
> present. I can go in and manually fix the order in MySQL (delete the user,
> update username of U0000# to username, update username in transaction on
> all U0000# records). From this point on all is well - user logs on, gets
> all current information. He can order against it and new orders appear. The
> problem only exists on new customers.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I finally discovered this problem, it was sneaky. Try adding to catalog.cfg:

    UserDB  default  username username

The default is "user", which doesn't match up to the database definitions.
It causes extra users to be created.

> -----------------------------
> Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD
> JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.  Isaiah
> 12:2
>
> But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
> mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
> shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31
>
> Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous
> judgments endureth for ever.  Psalms 119:160

Please limit quotes to four lines. 8-)

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.  -- Mark Twain