[ic] using mml tags in area's selector field

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.net
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:33:14 +0100

dont know what the proper way to do this is, but this is how I
got it to allow me to limit to a particular grade of product:

1) make a copy of the bar_link subroutine from catalog_before.cfg into your
catalog.cfg

2) alter the code to input additional input parameters:

     my ($base,$class,$extras) = split /\,/, $base;

($class is used for an anchor class on the last line of the sub to replace
the hard-coded one)

3) alter the LINK part of the routine for a complex link type:

  elsif ($record->{link_type} eq 'complex') {

   $search=$record->{search};
   if ($extras eq 'grade'){
    $search .= "\nsf=grade\nse=";
    $search .= $Tag->scratch('grdtemp');
   }
   $search=~ s/[\r\n+]/\n/g;

   $url = $Tag->area('scan', $search);
  }

4) in the mml set the scratch var grdtemp to appropriate value eg. PRO
and call routine with [prefix-exec bar_link]table, class,grade[/prefix-exec]
- putting 'grade' in tells the routine to put additional search params in.

Jonathan.