[ic] re:POSTGRESQL

Rick Walker rich@ednet.co.uk
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:02:34 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Rick Walker wrote:

Okay, A more detailed expose of the problem.

I have granted SELECT, INSERT, DELETE & CREATE permissions on all tables
within the database.  Whats happening is that when i'm trying to delete
anything from the db via the admin interface I get a 500 internal server
error.  As an employee of an isp who are looking into offering interchange
as a service I am privilideged enough to be able to change the postgreSQL
user to a superuser, once I have done this all works fine.  However, this
is far from ideal as it's not acceptable for us to have our users running
amoc on our db server with super user access.  Is interchange designed
this way or am I missing something (probably the latter).  I would really
appreciate some help with this as untill now I have found minivend/ic an
excellent, powerfull e-commerce tool that would be extremely beneficial to
us.

--
Rick Walker
edNET