[ic] Ok now I am having other problems - placing the web in a users dir

Beriah Dutcher beriah@webuildpcs.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:55:16 -0500

Ok now that i have a sample store running in the default apache dir, I would
like some assistance with getting one of my users on my machine setup using
this. I have tried a number of times to get this to work but to no avail. I
think that I am placing the worng path in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So I have cut and pasted my entires in this email and also described what I
am TRYING to do.

First off im running this on my priivate lan right now and will be placing
this on the web when we get our t1. the name of the machine is censerver and
the user i am trying to get working is eric. The apache config is setup to
look for user webs in the 'www' in the user home dir. That is working fine.
However I am having a problem with getting interchange to install in that
dir.(I think im not specifying path's right so heres what i did maybe you
guys can tell me what i did wrong.

Catalog name? eric

Server name? [freefall] censerver

DemoType? [barry]

permtype? [M]

MiniVendUser? [minivend]

CatUser? [eric]

MiniVendGroup?

MailOrderTo? [eric]

CatRoot? [/usr/home/eric] /usr/home/eric/catalogs

CgiDir? [/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin] /usr/home/eric/www/cgi-bin

CgiUrl? [/cgi-bin/eric.cgi]

Aliases? [/eric]

DocumentRoot? [/usr/local/apache/htdocs] /usr/home/eric/www

SampleHtml? [/usr/home/eric/www/eric]

ImageDir? [/usr/home/eric/www/eric/images]

ImageUrl? [/eric/images]

INET or UNIX mode? [INET] UNIX

Account name that will control this catalog: ..[eric]

Found system commands to run.

done.
Moving link program to /usr/home/eric/www/cgi-bin/eric.cgi..done.
Moving HTML files to /usr/home/eric/www/eric................done.
Moving image files to /usr/home/eric/www/eric/images........done.

Found additional system commands to run.

To enable image upload feature, you need to make a symbolic
link of the image base directory into your catalog directory.

run "ln -s /usr/home/eric/www/eric/images /usr/home/eric/catalogs"? ..[y]
Add catalog to minivend.cfg? [y]

Done with installation. If my reading of your input is correct, you
should be able to access the demo catalog with the following URL:

        http://censerver/eric

In any case, you should get direct access at:

        http://censerver/cgi-bin/eric.cgi

That is, after you START or RESTART the Interchange server.  8-)
It is best done with:

        su -c "/usr/local/minivend/bin/minivend -r" minivend

For session expiration, you might want to place a line like this in your
crontab:

44 4 * * * /usr/local/minivend/bin/expireall -r

It will prevent the session databases from getting too large.

Ok there it is ....... when it asked for the server name should I have
specified censerver/~eric????

Beriah