[ic] Ok now I am having other problems - placing the web in a users dir

Hans-Joachim Leidinger jojo@buchonline.net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:40:36 +0200

Hmmm...in normal case, I would write "www.my-own-domain-name.com"

> DemoType? [barry]
>
> permtype? [M]
>
> MiniVendUser? [minivend]

Have you a user "minivend" in your machine?
Did you use the makecat script as an user "minivend"?

> CatUser? [eric]
>
> MiniVendGroup?
>
> MailOrderTo? [eric]
>
> CatRoot? [/usr/home/eric] /usr/home/eric/catalogs
>
> CgiDir? [/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin] /usr/home/eric/www/cgi-bin
>
> CgiUrl? [/cgi-bin/eric.cgi]
>
> Aliases? [/eric]
>
> DocumentRoot? [/usr/local/apache/htdocs] /usr/home/eric/www

And can Apache use _this_ directory?

> SampleHtml? [/usr/home/eric/www/eric]

Ooops? Did this work? DocumentRoot ist "/usr/home/eric/www" and the
SampleHtml is "/usr/home/eric/www/eric"?

If you can access any page via your Apache at "/usr/home/eric/www", I
would write

DocumentRoot? [/usr/local/apache/htdocs] /usr/home/eric/www
SampleHtml? [/usr/home/eric/www/eric] /usr/home/eric/www/eric

if your shop has a name like "eric"!

> ImageDir? [/usr/home/eric/www/eric/images]
>
> ImageUrl? [/eric/images]

ImageUrl? [/eric/images] /images

[DEL]

I can't help you more (or anymore?)!