[ic] MV 3.14 Multiple basket problem

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:26:58 -0400

Quoting Hans-Joachim Leidinger (jojo@buchonline.net):
> Chris Müller schrieb:
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I am trying to add a second basket to a catalog that has been running
> > without any problems for several months. The idea is, that certain items
> > can be handled in a special way if certain conditions are met.
> >
> > I have created a second basket (say xcart) and have items in it. I use
> > the same code as for the main cart (which is working faultlessly),
> > except the [cart xcart] directive and the [item-list xcart] to display
> > the items. I changed the mv_orderpage to the xbasket page. The subtotal
> > is calculated using [item-price noformat=1]*[item-quantity]. As I try to
> > either delete the item or change its quantity using the code that works
> > in the main basket page, i.e.
> > [cart xcart]
> > [item-list xcart]
> > ..
> > <input type=hodden mv_doit value="refresh">
> > ..
> > <input type=text name="[quantity-name]" value="[item-quantity]">
> > ..
> > [/item-list]
> > <input type=submit
> >         onClick="this.form.action='[process-target]'"
> >         name=mv_submit value="Recalculate">
> >
> > the quantity is not updated, but remains always 1. The html source shows
> > "quantity0" for [quantity-name] and value=1.
> > There are no errors reported in error_log.
> > Can anyone tell me, what I may be missing? I have been fighting this for
> > several days now and dont see any reason, why the variable should not
> > update.
> > Thanks
> > Chris
>
> I want to report another (mis)behavior about removing some items from
> the basket.

This is not a misbehavior. It is behaving just as it is supposed to.

Why don't you try this:

    [set empty_basket]
	[calc]
	    @{$Carts->{$CGI->{mv_cartname} || 'main'}} = ();
	    return;
	[/calc]
    [/set]

    <A HREF="[area href=ord/basket
                    form='
                        mv_action=return
                        mv_click=empty_basket
                    ']">Empty basket</A>

This indirectly gives the answer to the other question -- you
have to set the cartname in the form.

You could also build a URL which does it explicitly,

    <A HREF="[area href=ord/basket
                    form='
                        mv_action=refresh
                        [item-list][quantity-name]=0
			[/item-list]
                    ']">Empty basket</A>

Interaction errors happen when you don't provide an action, just as
the error page says.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino