[ic] help with escaping the [ character

Arango, Karen Karen.Arango@DynCorp.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:14:28 -0400

Thanks,

I just discovered that the 91 and 93 are not recognized in javascript....
and now it makes sense that the selected is a minivend tag that it would not
work.

Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer [mailto:spencer@poseidon.mediabang.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 3:54 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [ic] help with escaping the [ character

	Actually, this probably won't do what you want in javascript.
The [ and ] are translated into [ and ] in HTML code, and not for
javascript code.  Meaning... if you want minivend/interchange to skip over
something in [brackets], the brackets must contain something that it
doesn't recognize.  [selected] is a minivend tag. [blah] is not a minivend
tag and will be skipped over.
	So, you might want to do something like this in your javascript:

function jumpto() {
  var optionpicked = window.document.quickLinks.quickList.selectedIndex;
  parent.location.href =
    window.document.quickLinks.quickList.options[optionpicked].value;
}

-Spencer
spencer@mediabang.com
Please direct all of your YES/NO questions to 8ball@mylamewebsite.com