[ic] interchange 4.5.6 Beta

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:56:35 -0500

  Found something that I believe I seen a reference to in earlier posts.
This is a rpm install on Red Hat 6.2. When installed the demo site
(construct) has all bad links. When checking the catalog.cfg file it wrote
the server name but not the domain. So if your server is bob.my.com all you
get in the catalog.cfg file is bob

  What did it take to make my MV 4.03 site run? cp the entire catalog of my
running sites to a safe space. Forget vlink it's worthless. remove the MV
install and install Interchange now cp your catalogs in the main area of
interchange. In my case it is /usr/lib/interchange Pay attention here as you
don't want to overwrite any of the Interchange files. Now do a makecat and
call your cat name instead of construct. Restart server
/etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange restart and you should have a running site.
What do you say something doesn't work? You absolute linked go through and
fix or rewrite to relative.

  Now a wierd (at least by my definition :)  ) I lost 3 sites that were
running on the 3.14 server. Figure that one out :) They were all demos I had
been doing so not that big a deal. The 2 sites I have that are actual sites
survived. I have no clue what went on there but am digging into it. Perhaps
since the other two sites have their own ip / domain name they were left
alone during the uninstall. They have the same structure as the 3 that got
demolished.

TTFN

Steve

  WDI                          Steve & Patti Getzinger
  702 Lincolnway West          steveandpatti@wubs.org
  South Bend, IN  46616        http://www.wubs.org/
  219-287-4700 (Main Office)   317-535-0239 (Direct Line)