[ic] Install/Configure problems / 500 Internal Server Error

Jeff Case jeff_case@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:51:02 PDT

Joachim,

Thanks for the response!

Here are the error messages... they seem to point to GDBM.pm in various
sections of that module, though I am not sure why.  I have tried installing
the demo (barry) catalog numerous times and this is the closest I have come.
  At least I can modify some of the pages and get them to work using Page
Edit -- for example, I can get about.html to work if I remove LEFTSIDE,
RIGHTSIDE, and MENUBOTTOM from the Template Sequence.  A look at those
sections within config provides little answers -- I'm having a hard time
understanding why some sections do work and some don't.  Especially since
the configuration process went without hitch and the makecat (barry) went
fine.

Running on UNIX (BSD) w/ Apache web server, Perl 5.005(03)
Interchange v: 4.5.5

I looked to the error.log file, here is what I found...

When attempting to reach barry.cgi/index.html I get:

[29/September/2000:17:39:56 -0400] barry /cgibin/barry.cgi/index.html
Runtime error: couldn't init cache at
/xxx/xxx/xxx/surfwarehouse/mvend/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 69, <IN> chunk
3.

When attempting to reach the Page Layout area of admin I get:

[29/September/2000:17:44:06 -0400] barry /cgibin/barry.cgi/admin/layout.html
Runtime error: couldn't init cache at
/xxx/xxx/xxx/surfwarehouse/mvend/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line 107

Any more help is greatly appreciated...

I'd really like to get a demo up today/tonight.

- Jeff