[ic] link/inetmode and server/control/ tried 2000 different ports all fail

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:10:34 -0400

Quoting Boyd Lynn Gerber (gerberb@zenez.com):
> To whom it may concern:
>
> I modified test.pl to print the portnumber and success or failure.  I then
> ran a script that went through 2000 different Port numbers Modifing the
> MINIVEND_PORT.  The script all passes for the first four and all failures
> for the last two.  I started at Port 8000.  I have this problem on both
> SCO OS's(OpenServer 5.0.5 and UnixWare 7.1.1).  I am not sure what to try
> next.

How about running in VLINK mode? 8-) Apparently INET-domain sockets don't
work for Perl on SCO. I believe that you would have trouble getting anything
using Socket.pm to work.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill