[ic] Construct Us Demo Colors (Need to convert to a variable)

Fraser Campbell fraser@starnix.com
01 Apr 2001 16:59:17 -0400

"Young Family" <ary@communicationfactory.com> writes:

> So I now know that. but....my question still remains
>
> >> 2. Is there some Linux grep command thing that can search all
> > > of the html
> > > template pages and replace the hard-coded colors with a call to the
> > > afore-mentioned minivend variable? Obviously that will not
> > > work for the
> > > graphics but it will help save some time

sed -e 's/FF9900/__IC_COLOR_VAR__/' < orig.file > new.file
mv new.file orig.file

Wrap something like that into a script that recurses through all your
files/directories.

ttyl,
--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@starnix.com>                          Starnix Inc.
Telephone: (905) 771-0017                        Thornhill, Ontario, Canada