[ic] UPS Shipping - how to add a percentage?

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Bob Puff@NLE wrote:

BP>>In reading the docs (!), I find examples of using the UPS tables to
calculate shipping, and also how to add a fixed anount to the shipping
value, and also how to round up.  I also see how to do formulas based
on weight or dollar amount.

BP>>However, I want to do both!  I want to take the number from the UPS
table, multiply it by 1.25, then add 3 to the result.

I've been using the UPS Online World Ship, and I've set it to add a
flat 50% to their quoted rate. I'm finding that this works pretty well
- overall. Boxes from Uline are costing me, on average, $1.00 each, and
then add in UPS's weekly pick-up cost, as well as all of the nickeling
and diming that UPS does (like $5.00 to change a house number in the
same block) and the 50% overcharge seems to come out about even.

I don't have an answer to your question directly, but perhaps, overall,
you could do just as well with only a percentage multiplier?? Win some,
lose some, and some you get rained out???

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, April 02, 2001 at 22:05 PM:
Tolkien is hobbit-forming.

This Linux System has been up 74 hours