[ic] virtual server

Mark Adams madams@cybernet.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:17:45 -0400 (EDT)

Seems like you would need not only shell access, but the ability to create
a system user or two. Although interchange is supposed to run as a
non-priviledged user, has anyone tried to run everything (mysql,
webserver, and interchange) all with the same user?

I know that there are virtual servers that offer virtual root access,
using the virtual server project's latest software.

But they're not necessarily cheaper than a dedicated server from an
un-managed dedicated place.

Virtual Servers: http://www.bitserve.com
Dedicated: http://www.cihost.com

Mark Adams