[ic] Can i have UI on and the site offline?

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:04:05 -0700

At 02:52 AM 4/4/2001 +0300, you wrote:
>Is there a way to have the UI on,but have the site off-line?
>I what to be able to change the sites without the users to be able to
>see the changes i do until I finish.

If you are talking about general changes, then:
Alan Young, Mike Heins, and I discussed that in a few recent posts, you
might try digging that up.

I believe the most valuable setup to to run two catalogs: 1 production, and
1 development.  Using CVS, you can roll some devleopment features back to
production (bug fixes), or upgrade to entirely new versions with additional
features.

Basically what you need is an experienced unix admin to set this up to be
smooth.

But if you are talking about data changes, then:
Download the database into some format (e.g. text), and make all the
changes you want, then upload them all at once.

HTH, HAND,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com