[ic] Secure pages, dropping cart

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:56:13 -0400

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 08:49:57PM -0400, Bob Puff@NLE wrote:
> Quoting Mike Heins:
>
> > I don't know why you are messing with all of this....
>
> Because it didn't work out of the box.  My insecure site is:
> http://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/store
>
> However, my secure site is:
> https://www.nleinternet.net/solux/cgi-bin/store
>
> I do have in my catalog.cfg:
>
> CookieDomain  .solux.net .nleinternet.net
>
> But the shopping cart contents were dropped every time.

> This is driving me crazy.  The only thing that reliably works is when I
> do not use the secure server.  I'm thinking a possible solution is to
> set up the entire cart to run under the secure server URL.  Not sure if
> that will make the pages come up slower, but it will probably eliminate
> these weird secure/nonsecure things from happening.

It's SOOOO much easier just to buy a cert for the appropriate
domain.  Boring, but it just works.  Either that or CNAME
solux.net to appropriate nleinternet.net machine.

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039