[ic] mini howto for ui custom table edit plus flex_select.html fix

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:58:39 -0400

Quoting Ben Claar (blc9483@ksu.edu):
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Yes, this is the way with 4.6. In 4.7, it is all based on a database
> > table "icmenu".
>
> Hmm.  Comments like these scare me.  I'm just about to embark on the
> interchange path (starting next week), so I figure I have a good couple of
> months before I'm deployed.  Should I work in the development branch so
> that I don't learn yesterday's methods of doing things?

I would recommend it -- it is going to live sites at the end of the
month, as it goes beta (and thence to release). Stability is pretty
good at this point -- virtually everything done after this should be
backward compatible. We have one or two little anomalies with sessions
(we are allowing sharable cookies with other site-wide processes) but
there shouldn't be many more surprises.

Remember, this is in the admin -- the thing we sort of figure not
too many people will change. The core should be more stable.

In general, if we release a .tar.gz package it will be ready within
two months. If you have to get it via CVS, who knows?

I still recommend monitoring CVS for bug fixes, though. We are doing
that fast and furious.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".