[ic] How to create [same name] subcategories

Webmaster @ Dreward.com webmaster@dreward.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 05:04:21 -0500

Well...I have a similar setup on my store, and this is how I deal with it.

I sell little miniatures (fancy army men, basically), and each army has the
same four sections in it.

Codex
Blisters
Metal Sets
Plastic Sets

Two of the armies are Space Marines and Orks.  So I just set my database up
with the category listings (I'm running on a delimited text file)....

SpaceMarines_Codex
SpaceMarines_Blisters

Orks_Codex
Orks_Blisters

and so on.  If it can be done from the UI, I have no idea.  I did it in
Excel and uploaded it to the products directory.  Then, when you format your
searches, just make sure that you are entering the right category for the
sublisting that you're wanting.

I'm sure there's an easier way to do it...but that works.

bri