[ic] Autoload, incorrect dealer prices on first page after login

=?iso-8859-1?q?James=20Griffiths?= griffiths_james@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 03:58:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I have been looking at the dealer pricing mechanism
in the construct demo which uses Autoload code in
catalog.cfg to set the PriceField.

As far as I can tell, there is a slight problem with
this mechanism in the construct demo, in that
the first page displayed after a dealer login shows
standard rather than dealer prices. Reloading the
page or moving to another page results in dealer
prices being displayed correctly.

I have been able to reproduce this problem with the
standard construct demo and in test code.

Is this a limitation of the technique (e.g because
the Autoload code is run before the login is complete)
or does it reflect a bug ?

If it is a limitation, would using an intermediate
page with a bounce to the desired post-login page be a

reasonable workaround or is there any other standard
technique ?

Many thanks,
James Griffiths