[ic] Can't install 4.64 on irix 6.5

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:08:16 -0400

Quoting Darren Bayliss (darrenb@spgroup.co.uk):
> Hello,
> I am unabled to get beyond the 'configure' script as i get getting the
> following error;
>
> Manifying blib/man1/offline.1
> Manifying blib/man1/update.1
> Manifying blib/man3/icintro.8
> /usr/freeware/bin/pod2man: Improper man page - no dash in NAME header in
> paragrd
> /usr/freeware/bin/pod2man: pod/icintro.pod is missing required section:
> DESCRIPN
> Manifying blib/man1/restart.1
> Manifying blib/man1/expireall.1
> Manifying blib/man3/ictemplates.8
> /usr/freeware/bin/pod2man: Improper man page - no dash in NAME header in
> paragrd
> /usr/freeware/bin/pod2man: pod/ictemplates.pod is missing required section:
> DESN

All harmless.

> Manifying blib/man1/interchange.1
>         PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/sbin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
> -I/usr/freewarel
> server/unixmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running and
> probay
> terminated with an error.
> ok 1
> server/startup........ok 2
> link/unixmode.........ok 3
> server/inetmode.......The Interchange server is already running (process id
> 260)
> ok 4
> link/inetmode.........not ok 5
> server/control........not ok 6
> 6 tests run -- 2/6 failed.
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

[snip]

> I am trying to install on a silicon graphics origin200, running irix 6.5
> with Netscape FastTrack server. Perl 5005_03 is installed(origin 42# perl -v
>
> This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for irix-n32).
>
> Can anyone please help ??

Are you sure your Perl passes "make test" 100%? This looks like a Perl with
locking and possibly socket problems. If you are on an NFS file system,
you will need to get 4.7.x and set "LockType  fcntl" in interchange.cfg.

Also, it looks like it may work in UNIX mode despite the failed tests. Try
a "make install" and see if you can make a catalog and get it going.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman