[ic] Running two virtual sites on same server with two IC servers

Curt Hauge chc@mninter.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:46:20 -0500

IC 4.6.3 tarball - Construct - Default DB - Linux Mandrake 6.0 - Perl
5.00503

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. The last two days I have been observing slow or NO
access to pages served by Interchange on two different hosts' servers. One
site has been running since last Sept and was upgraded from MV4.04 to
IC4.6.3 just last month. This sites' host informed me that "Interchange is
using too many resources" and asked me to shut it down (and work together to
troubleshoot this problem), and said there is another installation of
Interchange in another clients space. When he reboots the system server,
page access is normal (fast), but then slows down within 10 minutes after
many page accesses, and eventually the system server crashes. Expireall
scripts are in place to curb sessions (very few anyway). I haven't edited my
.cfg files since mid March and they are standard install .cfg's, low
traffic, etc. Nothing in error logs.

There are two separate virtual installations of IC on one hosts servers, one
installed by me, another by someone else. I also know the other host offers
IC catalogs to its clients. Can these multiple installations cause this type
of conflict? I am sure this has been brought up before but can't find
anything in the archives. I've searched 'slow page access' 'multiple
domains' and more. Only one of my sites are live, but I am still desparate
to get IT back up!

Looking for any info, tips, tricks, words to search by, etc. Thanks a lot!

Curt Hauge