[ic] Combining products for discounts

Mike Heins mheins@redhat.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:29:30 -0400

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> Quoting Bob Puff@NLE (bob@nleaudio.com):
> > > We use a field in products
> > > db to flag whether or not an item includes shipping.
> > >
> > > So your widgets A would have the flag set, if the catalog sees the
> > > flag it uses the quantity pricing.  I can see that getting complex
> > > real quick as soon as they ask for the next permutation.  :->
> > >
> > > We'd do that with a CommonAdjust routine.
> >
> > I think I follow your logic.  So, I add another field in the products
> > database called pr_group.
>
> Put that value in pricing->price_group instead.

By the way, you have to use a non-digit for the price group, otherwise
it doesn't work. I think right now you have to use a two-letter code,
though that will change in 4.7.x demo (current two-letter codes will of course
still work).

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.