[ic] barter, trade exchange catalogs

Mike Heins mheins@redhat.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:10:26 -0400

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> Quoting Dan McFarland (dan@mailturtle.com):
> > As a barter exchange owner, the best way to do it is to use a double- sales
> > tax set-up.  One tax would be the transaction fee, the other the sales tax.
> > This would keep them separate for accounting.
> >
> > The other option is to add the transaction fee to the sales tax percentage.
> > Say the transaction is 10% and the sales tax 5%, make the tax item TRADE
> > FEE/TAX at 15% total.  The drawback being if the user is non-taxable (out of
> > state parhaps) it would not add any tax or fee.
> >

> You can also use mv_handling. Set $Values->{mv_handling} = 'barter' in your
> sessions, and then in shipping.asc:
>
> barter:
> 	desc: Transaction fee
> 	crit: [subtotal noformat=1]
> 	min:  0
> 	max:  999999999
> 	cost: x .10

As much as a reminder to myself as anything else, you would probably want
to put in catalog.cfg:

FormIgnore   mv_handling

Along these lines further, for better integrity and less chance of a
user screwing up your order routes, it probably makes sense to do in
the demo:

FormIgnore      mv_order_route

ifdef ORDER_ROUTES
ValuesDefault   mv_order_route "__ORDER_ROUTES__"
endif

ifndef ORDER_ROUTES
ValuesDefault   mv_order_route "log_transaction main copy_user"
endif

I will put this in the new "foundation".

( Some wives probably worry about where there husbands are when they are gone.
  Mine doesn't. 8-) )

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

The U.S. Senate -- white male millionaires working for YOU!  -- Dave Barry