[ic] URLs created by Interchange do not work with WML browsers

Rene Hertell rene@hertell.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:39:43 +0300

Hi folks,

I posted this question a while ago, but none of you did know about this
problem... So I try again, maybe someone knows what this is about...

I'm playing around with a WML-version of our pages and stumbled into a
problem with URLs. I get errors with the Nokia WAP Toolkit 2.1 browser, and
this  error message with the Philips WAP emulator that claims that the WML
Content is bad:

"An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1bcbe1) was found in the element
content of the document"

The code I have builds a link with form values. The source looks like this:

[loop search="fi=cat/rf=sku/rf=category/tf=category/df=yes/ra=yes"]
 form='
 cat_selection=[loop-code]
 mv_action=return
 ']">[loc][loop-data cat category][/loc]</a><br/>
[/loop]

The url looks on the page like this:
<a
href="URL_TO_SITE/wap/request.wml?mv_session_id=rBR7dQpf&cat_selection=001&m
v_action=return">Category 001</a>

Does anyone know how to handle this?

René