[ic] Promote specific products on static pages

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:28:19 -0700

At 08:33 PM 04/06/2001 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello,
>Is there a way to promote some products in a specific page?
>I have some static pages which works something like a
>subdirectory(masks,fins).I want 2 products of each category to be
>promoted only in these pages.(masks only in the mask page,fins only in
>the fin page and not mixed)
>Any idea how can i do that?

Many ways.  You can use
[loop arg="sku1 sku2"]
         item:  [loop-code]
         desc:  [loop-field description]
         price: [loop-price]
         [order [loop-code]]Order[/order]
[/loop]
  on those pages to pull in the info for the items you wish to
highlight.  I seem to remember some discussion on the list about picking
items randomly from a list of search results, you might want to search the
archives for that.  Also, read up on the [banner] tag/

- Ed L.

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax