[ic] How to combine 2 shipping methods

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:43:19 -0700

At 11:13 AM 04/11/2001 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello!
>My shipping method is based on weight which works perfect.
>But now my customer don't want to charge the customers with shipping if
>the total is over 30000.
>How can this be done?
>
>Thomas

In shipping.asc, try making this the first entry for the shipping mode
where you want your free shipping to apply:

mode    Free shipping for big spenders! [subtotal
noformat=1]   30000   99999999        0

..if their total is >= 30000 and they select 'mode' (upsg, etc) as their
shipping method, this should be applied.  Otherwise evaluation will 'fall
through' this line and pick up the weight-based calculation which applies
(that is why this line should be the first one for each mode in which you
want to offer free shipping based on purchase total and otherwise charge
based on weight).

- Ed L.

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax