[ic] Interchange's included demo

Test User tuser@wordstock.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:40:10 -0400 (edt)

I installed Interchange, and have the demo working, but
there's one error being logged that I can't figure out.

When I click on "checkout", after having added an item
to the shopping cart, I get the following error.

127.0.0.1 ErJWGTLQ:127.0.0.1 - [09/April/2001:11:56:22 -0400]
construct /cgi-bin/construct/ord/checkout.html search error:
Limit subroutine creation: bad limit creation code in coordinated search,
probably search group without search specification.
at //usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Search.pm line 703.

I've seen this error mentioned in the Interchange Users forum,
but it seemed to always be due to user edits, nobody had
the problem with a stock install, and while using the demo,
as far as I could see.

I'm not using any files of my own creation, I'm just using the
Construct Something demo that Akopia provides.

I'm new to Interchange, and to Linux. I'm thinking that the
problem is probably with my OS install, but maybe I'm missing
something in the Interchange install.

I installed Red Hat Linux version 6.2, did the "custom" install,
and then selected everything that could be selected for install.

Created a user account for user "interch".

Edited /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to set ServerName.

Installed interchange-4.6.4-1.rh6.i386.rpm from Akopia.
Did the install while logged in as root, is this correct?
I executed rpm -i interchange-4.6.4-1.rh6.i386.rpm. I see now
from the one of the readme files that -Uvh is recommended, but
it should not matter for a first time install I think, it wasn't
an upgrade of an earlier version.

Executed "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
as instructed in Akopia's instructions. This upgraded Perl,
as mentioned in bug number 31 at Akopia. I don't know
if that's causing problems, or how to undo the upgrade.

There was a bad symbolic link for error.log in
/var/lib/interchange/construct, as mentioned in bug number
123 at Akopia.

- Mike