[ic] With RedHat 7.0 i cannot still work with IC and MySQL.

Jason Kohles jkohles@redhat.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:45:03 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:28:39PM +0200, Marco Mescoli wrote:
> All OK building my catalog template on internal IC database but this orrible
> error Building simple construct demo on MySQL DB server.
> [ic] config error: failed (create) Can't connect to MySQL ... (111)
111 is connection refused, it means that the mysql server is not running, or
is not listening on the right port.

> ./makecat via mysqladmin creates DB test_construct but IC cannot create
> tables inside.
> I test manually mysql and i can create without user pass or hostname

Try testing manually with a hostname, by not specifying the hostname you are
connecting through the unix socket, rather than through the network, if you
then specify a network connection to Interchange, it won't necessarily work.

> I have digged mail archives several times and i have tried all suggestions
> that, in many other case, give me the correct and precious solution.
Run mysqladmin restart and check the error logs, they should indicate why
mysql was unable to bind the tcp port.

Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect
Reston, VA 20190                                jkohles@redhat.com