[ic] help with form inputs from within UI

Andreas, Scott Scott.Andreas@learningco.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:40:40 -0700

Here is what I have.

I'm using the standard view_customers from with in the UI with one addition

I created a textbox called add_note and when we view the customers data we
want to keep a running note on that customer so we can track our
communication with them.

So, is what I did is add another table called usersdb_note.txt so we can
track that information. In this table I have

code...key
entered_by....[data_session_username]
date.... date
note...text

Thus from customer_view.html we can add a note about this customer.

So, my question is how do I input the data so that the 'code' is
autoincremented, the rest is pretty easy to figure out except for the
autoincrementing. Is there a way with the meta_editor such that this column
will autonumber?

Thanks

J. Scott Andreas :)
IS/Programmer/WebDevelopement