[ic] Why I'm dumping Interchange

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
14 Apr 2001 15:45:44 -0400

Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com> writes:

> http://mark.stosberg.com/tech/interchange/review.html

I would like to note that even though my comments are on this page, I
have no intention of leaving IC.  I agree with some of his
observations; however, I don't see any good alteratives.  If you ask
Mark what his alternatives are it seems to me like his answer is just
to "write it yourself from scratch".  This isn't a good solution to
me.  If there's anything I hate doing is re-inventing the wheel.

The main point I agree with Mark on is something that Mike addresses
in his post on this thread.  What can be done to make it easier for
advanced programmers to start using IC wihtout having to feel like
total newbies?  I personally do get frustrated try to figure out how
to make the perl experience I have fit into the IC paradigm.  It seems
that since IC is a way to do perl based ASP that extensive perl
experience would be worth more.

Anyway, I also appreciate Mark's comments.  I hope the rest of us can
take them to heart and make IC that much more palatable.
--
(__) Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net> http://www.lathi.net chat:lathinet@yahoo|aol
oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543