[ic] Taking a Poll

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:09:56 -0400

Quoting Webb, Malcolm (malcolmw@upshot.com):
> IC Admin-
>
> You wrote:
>
> "The only thing RedHat has really to decide, is how to split the whole
> platform in an enduser friendly IC-light version and a developer IC-heavy
> -duty version and how they want to distribute and deliver these two
> services, products and may be different set of documentations, and for
> what price."
>
> I think this is the second time that you've hinted that some changes are in
> the works w/IC. Is Redhat planning to try and charge for IC? What ideas are
> being tossed around?

I don't think Birgitt speaks for Red Hat. I do, at least to some
degree, and no changes are planned in licensing. Ever, that I know
of.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill