[ic] Taking a Poll

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:10:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, IC-Admin wrote:

I>>a. he doesn't know enough, but HAS money -> He should hire a
I>>   consultant

That's so easy for you to say. And, you said it in private e-mail to me
on April 2nd. I responded to that e-mail that day but your name servers
are screwed up and my Sendmail has been trying for 2 weeks to send you
my reply to you!

I would hire a consultant -=IF=- there were one to hire!

But, from what I have seen of the people on this list, the only people
that I see that seem at all competent on this platform are Mike and his
fellow employees working on the project, and just one other poster.

I'm not really interested in hiring a RH employee since I think that
their time would be better used in enhancing and documenting IC. And,
as far as I can tell, the one person that I have developed respect for
has his hands full and does not appear to be interested in hiring
himself out.

-----------------

I -=NEED=- a store that does zone-based shipping to replace Carey's
commerce.cgi which does not do it. As far as I have been able to find
out, IC is the only package that will do zone-based shipping - and, I
have bought a considerable amount of software, including Shopsite,
trying to find such a package.

And, since I am not a developer, I am not someone that is trying to
build a whole store from scratch, but rather I am an end-user trying to
renovate an existing, already built store, I am looked down on, and
help is rare - although I did hit the jackpot with the 'CommonAdjust'
question.

And, now I am going to bite my tongue and not say what is REALLY on my
mind!

Feel free to point me towards a store package that does zone-based
shipping and doesn't require a development team to set it up, and I'll
be eternally grateful to you and I'll be out of here. But, until that
time - I'm here! (Until I get thrown off the list!)

-= Jim =-

All HTML Encoded email is auto-deleted. Learn Standards

Tagline for Sunday, April 15, 2001 at 19:50 PM:
Mental Floss prevents Moral Decay.

This Linux System has been up 145 hours