[ic] Why I'm dumping Interchange

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 00:00:15 -0700

At 07:52 PM 4/14/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>So, to end your gloomy criticism, Mark, you may have some valid points,
>but you  jump the ship at the wrong time. I think it just started to
>become interesting again to invest work in IC.

This may seem silly, but I still remember when minivend-users and
interchange-users merged around 4.6.0 and list activity picked up to around
30 mails a day, and never dropped back down.  It seemed like a flood of
newbies came to the list every time there was a freshmeat announcement or a
mention in the news.  It's nice.

I'm sure people still remember when that first slackware cd-roms started
shipping and all the newbiews flooded linux-kernel and linux-newbies (when
vger was on rutgers.edu).  Sunday is my day to wax this and wane
that.  (Sorry for the torture).

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com