[ic] Taking a Poll

Chris Rapier rapier@psc.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:12:37 -0400

> I would hire a consultant -=IF=- there were one to hire!

They are out there. Of course, we tend to be busy and/or have other
jobs.

> Feel free to point me towards a store package that does zone-based
> shipping and doesn't require a development team to set it up, and I'll
> be eternally grateful to you and I'll be out of here.

Zone based? Like nationwide you have your own system of zones that
determine shipping rates? Or is it local? Or are you just trying to
incorporate UPS shipping zones? Either way you can roll your own set up
by state, zip code, ups zone or whatever but any of the people here
would need some specifics behind what you are trying to do before we can
provide suggestions. The only general suggestion I have is to look at
the mechanics that go into products/shipping.[asc|txt] and go from
there.

> But, until that
> time - I'm here! (Until I get thrown off the list!)

Whatever.