[ic] display arbitraty

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:48:54 -0400

Quoting Andreas, Scott (Scott.Andreas@learningco.com):
> I'm trying to figure out how [display arbitrary=a table=b column=c key='[d]'
> ] works. I've gone through all the documentation bu there is no mention of
> it.

The innards of the UI are not documented, and documenting those innards
is not a priority.

> This attribute is being used on several UI pages
>
> Is there any information on its syntax if so could someone please list its

You have to look at the tag source, and that is one that you had better
be a relative Perl god to figure out. It goes from the display tag to
UI::Primitive and thence to Vend::Interpolate::tag_accessories. 8-)

To complicate matters further, its use is being taken away (as an
explicit [display ...] tag call) in the next version -- it will be
replaced almost completely with [table-editor].

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock