[ic] Taking a Poll

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
16 Apr 2001 16:08:50 -0400

David Adams <david@akopia.com> writes:

> we hope to be offering a sourceforge-esque area where people can
> sponsor Interchange-related projects and set up CVS and mailing
> lists for them.

The word "sponsor" makes me think of money.  I think someone else on
this thread mentioned that finding contractors was somewhat difficult
to do.  What if we setup an IC specific cosource type site.  Someone
posts "I want foo" and developers can post "I can do that for this
much".  The only stipulation is that the mods (either to a template or
the IC core) would be contributed back to the IC community.  To
sweaten it for RH, let them have a "finder's fee" of every contract.

The cosource model is quite good.  I don't know how successful
financially it is for its creators (they did outlast sourcexchange).
The model allows for multiple people to pool their resources to get
something done.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543