[ic] Loan/mortgage

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:58:33 -0400

Quoting Bill Randle (billr@exgate.tek.com):
> On Apr 19, 12:40pm, Victor Nolton wrote:
> } Subject: [ic] Loan/mortgage
> } Has anyone written a loan or mortgage type calculator for interchange?
> }
> } In the past I used some javascript based counters (used [item-price]
> } to put in the $ amount) but I'd like to find something to put in a
> } interchange page and have it process, something not javascript based.
> }
> } I honestly don't know the first thing about these calculations but I
> } am sure someone out there has done this.
>
> I haven't done this, but I'd get the Math::Financial Perl module
> from CPAN and write a usertag to call the right Financial.pm
> function(s) to get the calculation(s) you need.

That would work.

I actually wrote a module that does it, including graphing the interest
payments and such. I used Business::US_Amort to do it. (No, I cannot
share it, and it is a bear to install Chart::Base.)

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.