[ic] Bug - Editing Items doesn't work

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:36:56 -0400

Quoting Russ Mann (tech@khouse.org):
> Hello list,
>
> When editing items, attempting to edit certain fields causes this error to
> show up, and the edit is not performed.  IC 4.6.4.
>
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the
> error or try again later. (You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'where
> sku = 'CD006M' ' at line 1 )
>
> How can this be fixed?

By someone being able to characterize the problem.  Sorry, but "it
doesn't work" doesn't help.

"Attempting to edit certain fields" is not a characterization of the
problem. If it can be duplicated on the demo, with an exact scenario
to do that laid out, we have something.  Or if an exact scenario can
be shown including the data in question, the setup of the item editor,
etc. then there might be something we can do.

It isn't a bug if you can't describe it. Or at least it isn't a bug
we can do anything about.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>