[ic] PayPal Sender (XML wrapper for paypal service)

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:46:53 -0400

Quoting Dan B (db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net):
> Has anyone checked out PayPal
> Sender?  http://freshmeat.net/projects/ppsend/  It would be nice to add a
> payment option for PayPal to IC, and this GPL program might help.  (Jason,
> has your PayPal code "shipped" yet?)  I'm not personally adding PayPal
> anytime soon, but it would be great to see.  Freshmeat describes it like this:
>
>    PayPal Sender
>   by hampa - Tuesday, March 6th 2001 16:11 EST
>

> ppsend is a wrapper for the popular payment service PayPal. It can be used
> to add micropayments to your application. It uses PayPal's WAP (XML)
> interface to make cash transactions. It is written in C and uses OpenSSL.
> It supports sending of cash and checking account balances.
>
> Author:
> hampa
>
> Homepage:
> http://members01.chello.se/hampasfirma/ppsend/
> Tar/GZ:
> http://members01.chello.se/hampasfirma/ppsend/ppsend-0.3.tar.gz
> Zip:
> http://members01.chello.se/hampasfirma/ppsend/ppsend-0.2.zip

I looked at this, but it appears to be designed to allow an individual
user send cash to other people; or check their balance. We cannot in
good conscience ask for people's paypal passwords, so we must go the other
route.

BTW, I have much of PayPal working, including interface to the "silent
post" for completion for orders. I just have to document it as an
Interchange extension. It is not suitable for a standard addition as
yet.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock