[ic] Freemoney

Kaare Rasmussen kar@webline.dk
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:27:17 +0200

I've just released Freemoney 0.001.
As the version number indicates, this is very, very unfinished code, lots of
internal shortcuts and so on.

I mention it here, because I'd like to draw attention to the fact that
Interchange is a very nice tool box for developing other stuff than ecommerce
systems - though in some areas it could be easier yet. I'd also like to have
some comments before I really begin coding... Maybe someone could guide me to
take some easier paths.

As my project is not about Interchange, it would be better for any comments
to go to me directly, not the list, please.

My release text is as follows

Freemoney is an Open Sourced Financial Application, based on Apache, Perl,
PostgreSQL and Interchange. This version is a prototype only. I wouldn't
recommend that anyone download it for production use, but if you're
interested in looking, and maybe helping out, go for it. There's a lot of
help needed in areas like documentation, HTML, Perl functionality,
Javascripting, and more.

Currently, the system can create customers, products, orders and invoices,
and do correct posting in Accounts Receivables and General Ledger. That is,
if you don't make any mistakes when you enter information.

Home page: http://www.freemoney.org
Dl: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freemoney/freemoney-0.001.tar.gz

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk