[ic] shipping tracking numbers / mv_metadata

Jud Harris jud@copernica.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:14:35 -0500

Hello again -

First question - is there any definitive docs for the mv_metadata table and
how it works?  It seems to be a very powerful tool, but I can't figure out
what all the options do, and the man page is severely lacking.

Second question - is there not a fairly simple way to implement clickable
tracking numbers in the admin interface (order_view page, etc.) by adding a
filter for the order_view::transactions::status in mv_metadata ?  Is there
a way to implement the following:

if 'transactions.status' contains a ups/fedex/usps numeric value, output:
<A HREF=http://www.shipper.com/track.cgi?valueOfStatusfield>Shipped -
trackingnumber </a>

This seems so possible but I just don't know where to begin without the
right info.

Thanks,
Jud