[ic] shipping tracking numbers / mv_metadata

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 04:06:16 -0400

Quoting Jud Harris (jud@copernica.com):

> Hello again -
>
> First question - is there any definitive docs for the mv_metadata table and
> how it works?  It seems to be a very powerful tool, but I can't figure out
> what all the options do, and the man page is severely lacking.
>
> Second question - is there not a fairly simple way to implement clickable
> tracking numbers in the admin interface (order_view page, etc.) by adding a
> filter for the order_view::transactions::status in mv_metadata ?  Is there
> a way to implement the following:
>
> if 'transactions.status' contains a ups/fedex/usps numeric value, output:
> <A HREF=http://www.shipper.com/track.cgi?valueOfStatusfield>Shipped -
> trackingnumber </a>
>
> This seems so possible but I just don't know where to begin without the
> right info.

How about inputting the number and then checking the order status
at query/check_orders? Should work as is.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown