[ic] Authorizenet Assistance.

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:01:34 -0700

At 03:50 PM 4/24/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>}DB>>You might as well do a fresh checkout:
>}DB>>
>}DB>>cvs co -r DEV_4_7_0 interchange
>}DB>>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
>}DB>>         tag          module
>}
>}Would someone give me a tutorial on cvs? Probably kind of basic, since
>}cvs is not a command on my system.
>}
>
>You can do a quick search to find quite a few tutorials:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?q=CVS+Tutorial
>
>The Interchange download page includes the necessary instructions as well:
>
>http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/download.html
>
>The IC download page even has a link you can follow to get more information
>on CVS.

FYI I'm currently working on an "Interchange + CVS" tutorial, though not
intended as an introduction to CVS, will probably help once I'm done with
the first draft.  I'm a *horrible* writer, as you will all soon see, but
since a dozen or so people voted that I should do it, I gave in.  (Too bad
it's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would).

But you might find the following resources helpful:

Introductory:

http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~dbutler/tutorials/winter96/cvs/
http://www.prima.eu.org/tobez/cvs-howto.html
http://www.computas.com/pub/wincvs-howto/cvsdoc/cvs_toc.html
http://www.cvshome.org/
http://www.cvsgui.org

Advanced:

http://www.advogato.org/article/247.html
http://www.durak.org/cvswebsites/howto-cvs/node37.html

cvsgui.org has some good visual front ends that help you learn the command
like equivalents for you "visual learners" out there.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com