[ic] expireall not finding config file

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:44:31 -0400

Quoting Dave Barr (barrd@mac.com):
 >>  I dunno... I'm probably wrong as usual... :)
> >
> >I don't see a problem there.
> >
> >I think what you want, though, is
> >
> >45 4 * * * /usr/local/interchange/bin/expireall -r -u
> >
> >which will force unlinking of expired files.
>
> [..snip..]
>
> Thanks for the reply Mike,
>
> I believe there may be something wrong with my system ;) the script
> (expireall) has always worked "as is" until the last couple of
> months. I've been involved with a great deal of experimentation and
> have probably "screwed up" somewhere down the line. However, in case
> anyone reads this as a thread, I'll add that your suggestion is not
> strictly correct for 'expireall' but its brother 'expire'.

Actually, I just realized the -u is the default for expireall. And
you were absolutely correct about the path thing.

We are changing all of these scripts in 4.7.x to use the global_config()
routine, so that it will parse the multi-line catalogs as well.

Regards,
Mike
--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown