[ic] Credit Card numbers Stored Encrypted in SQL Database - NoAnswer Yet

Greg Cope greg@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 06:45:52 +0000

IC-Admin wrote:

> Malcolm Webb wrote:
>
> > So is there no plan for IC to support the concept of "one-click" ordering?
>
> May be that's because Amazon.com holds the patent claims for it. As
> IC now belongs to RedHat, being a larger and more visible company than
> Mike's company was, offering the one-click feature out of the box is
> riskier as it already was, when it became known that Amazon got the patent
> awarded.
>
> Those "likely phantom dudes", who might have had implemented the
> one-click feature early in 1996/7 and could have proven "prior art" to
> fight Amazon.com's claims, apparently didn't come forward.
>
> I assume it's not in RH's interest not to attract attention offering
> one-click out of the box now ? No, I don't know it, this is just my gut
> feeling's guess and most probably it's not a subject anybody likes to talk
> about. Just let go and better not bother RH with it.
>
> You can implement it yourself on your own risk.

Which is zero in area's outside the US that do not support US software
patents (Like Europe !)

But patents is a whole Off Topic subject and I will go away and flame
myself!

Greg