[ic] quantity pricing

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:49:25 -0700

At 10:00 AM 04/26/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>We sell wire by the foot and need to modify the quantity pricing from the
>default 5 10 25 100 to
>0-99, 100-399, 400-819 and spool.
>can somebody point me in the right direction?
>thanks

'Spool' is not a quantity per say, so you might want to consider defining
that as a separate item, or an order link with a preset qty. That aside,
you just need to change (or add) some columns to the pricing db:

sku     ...     q100    q400
item            #.##    #.##

...replace item and #.## with the appropriate data.  The ellipsis
represents existing columns; you should be able to just tack yours on the
end. Then modify your CommonAdjust string in catalog.cfg (I am working with
the demo default here):

CommonAdjust   pricing:price_group,q5,q10,q100,q400: ;:wholesale ;$

Do a reconfig (known as 'Apply Changes' in the Admin area) and all should
be well.  Note that your price for the 0-99 range will come from the
products file (the 'list' price) unless you make entries for the wire in
the other existing pricing db columns such as q10, q25, etc.

- Ed L.

**** Virtual Hosting w/private IC Installation, $65/month! ****
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax