[ic] Federal Express Integration

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Aug 2 18:52:01 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, STEVE LANGE wrote:

SL>>  Another question.  Has anyone done integration with Fed Ex for
shipping charges?  If so, do you have any pointers/examples/pitfalls to
avoid.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Making the assumption that since they are competitors, that their
rates are approximately the same, I am using UPS's tables for FedEx.
Since I add in a percentage to the shipping costs, I would like to
think that I am safe.

FedEx Ground confirmed to me today that their Ground rates are
identical to UPS's.

Simply copy all of the entries in shipping.asc for UPS into additional
entries. Change the labels in the first column to 'fdxa', 'fdxb',
'fdxg' and change the UPS to FedEx.

In country.txt, add those labels to the US entry.

Log into the UI and click on 'Apply Changes' and you are now also
offering your customers FedEx.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, August 02, 2001 at 18:45 PM:
If ignorance is bliss, you must be ecstatic.

This Linux System has been up 575 hours