[ic] Need Help, Just Starting..

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Aug 2 19:04:01 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Brice Burgess wrote:

BB>>  Anyway.. I am a debian linux user, and am wondering
BB>>if debian is a good choice to run interchange.. or
BB>>should I switch to redhat for this?

I don't see any reason to change if Debian is your preferred distro.
I'm running Slackware. Just make sure that your Perl is up to date that
you have a very powerful computer to run it on.

BB>>  Also, what version of interchange should I install?

The latest and greatest - always!

BB>>Is the setup relatively easy .. I really need to have
BB>>this site nailed by the end of August.. & I have 4
BB>>other projects I'm working on now.

IC has a very steep learning curve. It is a very complex, and a very
powerful application.

If your customer can deal with one of the demos right out of the box,
then your install time will be considerably reduced.

If your customer is going to add the merchandise, if they are going to
deal with the inventory and the merchandising, then your part of it is
quite straight forward and you will be quickly done.

If your involvement is any deeper than this, then plan to spend some
time! :-)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, August 02, 2001 at 19:00 PM:
The cat that ate the ball of yarn....had mittens!

This Linux System has been up 576 hours