[ic] CreditCard Problem

Michael Mangeng interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Aug 7 05:13:00 2001

Hi

I've set up my first store and now I´m working at the last page,
checkout.html. The first problem is that if i want to pay with a credit card
i get the following error message when i try to finish the order:
  Credit Card Information: Can't figure out credit card expiration.
The problem with this message is that it appears as soon as I insert
"CerditCardAuto Yes" into the catalog.cfg file. (The same error message
appears when I use the demo shop "foundation".) And by the fact that in the
documentation such a error message isn´t mentioned, i hoped that somebody
here can help me with this problem. If i use "CerditCardAuto No", the check
is ok and the credit card info is send to the specified email address.
(Strange encryption or no encryption/masking.. (when i use 4111111111111111,
something of the sort 411**11 is displayed in the order email which gets
send to me, the merchant).

In error.log the following message appers:
192.168.100.1 3QXexFzp:192.168.100.1 - [07/August/2001:10:37:59 +0200] shop2
/cgi-bin/shop2/process.html PGP failed with status 327680:

The question is... whats error 327680 ? ;-)

The three lines in catalog.cfg related to PGP are:

EncryptKey  __PGP_KEY__
PGP        /usr/bin/pgp -e ichange@vis.at
EncryptProgram   /usr/bin/pgp -feat -r ichange@vis.at
...I think that I've testet all permutations with EncryptProgram and PGP....
I do not know which one is correct and what is/isn`t needed.

I´m using PGP version 6.5.8.

The second problem, also related to credit cards is the question how I can
perform a third party validation check with a credit card institut and not
only the LUHN mod10 check. But this is by now the smaller and less important
question ;-)

greetings and thanx a lot
Michael Mangeng