[ic] value_extended patch for upload permissions

Greg Hanson interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 09:06:00 2001

Hi all,

A while back there were a couple of postings to the mail list regarding
uploading of images, and their resulting permissions.
http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2000/msg03435.html

The problem he was (and I am) having is images uploaded to the server ended
up with a permission code of rw-rw--- ,forcing you to change permissions
after uploading to rw-rw-r-- in order to view the images.

Then Stefan Hornburg posted a patch for that problem just a few weeks(days?)
later....

http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2000/msg03708.html

>              the umask for uploaded files.
> Motivation:  My catalog directory usually contains a subdirectory
>              images, where images for the Webserver are stored.
>              With this patch, files can be uploaded with read
>              permission for anyone.
> Future:      If Mike likes it, this can be added to MiniVend
>              with appropriate documentation supplied by
>              me.

I looked under documentation for tag value-extended and see nothing relating
to this patch, and also could find nothing further on the mail list. My
umask knowledge is limited so I am unsure as to how to apply this...?  I
have added the patch code to Interpolate.pm and Util.pm , (This store is
Using MV 4.04 and Minimate).  Can someone direct me on how to do this
correctly?

THanks,

Greg

Greg Hanson